Monday, October 3, 2011

Who Says I Can't Be A Journalist?

When I was in high school I had an interest in journalism and I loved the idea of being a reporter on TV, but I never thought I could actually do it.

My friends would tell me "I want to be a journalist" and I'd say "Ha, good luck with that!" But now, I see myself heading towards a career as a journalist.

Now was is a journalist? I can't even answer that question because there are so many things that a journalist can be. For example, some television personalities on news shows are simply there to be "web" or "social media" reporters. What do they even do? Who knows!

My dream job: reporter for a television news station. I've come to find that I love writing for TV and producing VO's (voice overs) in Broadcast Journalism. Thinking about the pictures you have in your video, putting that together with words that make sense - and the viewer will care about is the perfect recipe for me. I love doing it, and so far - that's where I want to end up after CreComm.

I do also love writing. Writing, writing, writing, writing - I can write all day long and not be bored (unless it's an academic style paper, ugh.) I love telling stories. I haven't had as much opportunity to write stories for the Projector lately because all the first years are writing, and I am a little bit sad about that but am glad to be writing for The Lance.

So look, here I am - the sports editor of the Projector, and writing for the Lance. Next up - news reporter extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment