Sunday, April 3, 2011

Not so Forever

Forever 21 doesn't seem to be so "forever" lasting. Though I'm sure the store will be around for a long time as it is very popular, offers something that many other stores don't, is very reasonably priced and has a HUGE selection of clothing, the time you can stay in there isn't forever.

I experienced this first hand last week when I ventured into the giant store, wide-eyed, excited and ready to shop. That was until I realized how many things they had. That was then I put my game face on, only digging through the sections that I thought were suitable for my wardrobe.

I was expecting chaos when it came to clothes being everywhere like in other stores of similar quality/price range, but they did do a good job of keeping things in their place, on hangers, etc. I just wish the employees "cleaning up" were able to help people out as well. But I guess you can't ask for much for the price you are paying.

So once I went through all the sections (took about an hour) I had a whole bunch of stuff to try on. I went to the fitting rooms and was surprised and very happy to see that there was no line-up (hooray!). So after trying on all the garments, I decided which ones to buy and met my mom, sister-in-law and brother's girlfriend outside where they had also picked their winners.

Then came the line-up to pay. It was scary, very long, but we thought it would move fast, but it didn't. At one point my mom said (since she didn't try clothes on, she's tiny things always fit her) "I should've came and waited in line while you girls were trying stuff on." It was true, she should have. Then we would only have had to wait...45 minutes in line.

Now we should have probably seen this coming, as a greeter informed us that "debit was down" when we walked in, but credit cards and cash were being accepted. But the whole system for credit and debit cards were down, and they were doing credit cards manually. They called before they did every transaction by hand to authorize the amount of purchase, which is why it took so long.

The thing I didn't understand was why they only had one side open (there were two sides with cash registers and enough employees working to fill them all). I understand it may not be their jobs to do cash, but the people cleaning up didn't have much left to do, it was near closing time and all the customers were waiting to pay.

Anyways, I had to make my own swift exit before I got the register, leaving my poor mother with all my clothes. What happened? I fainted. It was so hot and I was carrying so many things and standing in the same spot for almost an hour, that I got dizzy and had to sit down, I couldn't see. It didn't last long the first time, I was up on my feet again in 30 seconds, but it happened again. This time it was worse, I black ed out but I was already few inches away from sitting on the floor and my lovely sister-in-law caught me.

I then sat on the floor, drank some water, and stayed for a few minutes before I was well enough to walk outside, get some fresh air, water and most importantly sugar. Afterwards, my brother's girlfriend said "your face looked like a mannequin, you lost all expression and it was so white, like you had zero colour in your face at all." She was scared.


Now I know it doesn't sound funny, but it kind of is now that I look back at it. It's a funny story and I definitely think that it goes to show what some people will do for fashion. If I was at Wal-Mart I wouldn' t have even bothered waiting in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment