Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh Summer, Where Art Thou?

It's April 13, 2011. Last year the temperature in Winnipeg 15 degrees celcius, and the minimum was 6! What do I wake up to this morning, just 365 days later? MINUS 9! Felt like minus 19 with the wind. What is this February? And the rest of this week has been gorgeous, Monday it got up to 18 degrees, and yesterday it went as his as 13 degrees. My poor Olympic mittens thought they were being retired for summer, but they were wrong.

The temperature isn't the only thing I want to change. I want summer to get here so I can start working full time, only problem is it seems impossible to find a job! There are only seven days left (school days) of first-year CreComm and I still don't have a summer job.

I want to work in communications, or in some kind of professional environment this summer so I can keep learning what I am doing in school right now, but it seems like most of the summer jobs out there are labour oriented (which is definitely NOT my strong suit). I'm hoping that with exams finishing up in University next week, and College classes finishing, there will be a lot more postings.

For now, I will keep sending my resume and cover letter to companies, even if there is no job posting, as well as applying to the ones that do exist. How many applications is too many? We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment