Thursday, February 10, 2011

Psycho Woman Writes a Book


Hypothetical situation: Terryn Shiells writes a novel.
What would I write about? Maybe a love story, where high school sweethearts get married and then one dies. Oh wait, no, that’s a cliche.

I think if I were to write a novel, it would be the world through the perspective of someone who is psychotic. I’m not sure how I’d pull it off, I’d have to do a lot of research and maybe even be psycho myself, but I think it would be fun to write. 

So yes, a couple years go by and am I finished writing this masterpiece, now what? Should I publish it myself, take it to a publisher...or just make it into en e-book?

On one hand, an e-book is a good idea since more and more people are shying away from spending money on print, because of wanting to be “green” and the technological advances we have. But on the other hand, who doesn’t want a copy of something they can keep forever. The smell of the pages, the everlasting feeling. Like, imagine your iPad or your kobo breaks, or you want the newest version, that means your books aren’t forever.

I think, if I were to write a book, I’d take the steps to self publish it, and make sure it was available in hard copy. With a hard cover too, because everyone knows you can’t fall asleep reading hard cover books.

No comments:

Post a Comment