Thursday, September 9, 2010

How to Use Sriracha Sauce

Sriracha hot sauce (aka Rooster sauce) is probably the greatest hot sauce I have ever tasted. As a huge fan of spicy food, this is my number one hot sauce choice because you can literally put it on anything and it tastes amazing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not use too much hot sauce! Very little goes a long way with this brand and unless you want to scald your mouth, less is more! If you use too little, it is very easy to add more for extra hotness, if you use too much then you will either have to go hungry or burn your mouth.

Dipping sauces Sriracha makes a great dipping sauce, either alone or mixed in with something else. My personal favorite thing to use it for is to add it to mayonnaise and dip yam fries in it. You can dip almost anything in it, and put it in any dip (ranch, BBQ sauce, mustard). You name it, it tastes good in it!

Eggs Before I found Sriracha sauce I was never an eggs and hot sauce type of person and now I can't eat them without it.

Hamburgers Sriracha sauce in and on hamburgers is pure bliss. Either put it on like ketchup, or as I like to do when preparing my patties, put it directly in the meat before cooking.

Stir Fry Any time there is any kind of stir fry or rice involved this sauce is essential! Walk into any Chinese cuisine restaurant and you will find large quantities of Sriracha hot sauce.

Soups and Stews Aside from cream based soups, Sriracha is always a great addition to any soup or stew. It helps kill the over salted flavor of canned soups for a deliciously warming, easy meal.

Mr. Noodles It is impossible to eat Mr. Noodles without hot sauce. That is all.

These are just a few of the many uses of Sriracha chili sauce. I encourage you to go out, buy a bottle, experiment and report back!

Links The sauce is so awesome it even has it's own facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sriracha-Rooster-Sauce/31148831142
Huy Fong's website: http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

3 comments:

  1. I realize that I did not mention putting it on hot dogs but that's because I believe that it should be common knowledge that the two cannot exist without the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! An in-class taste test is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this is great stuff! But an inclass taste test sounds like a good idea, I haven't tried it on half the stuff mentioned!

    ReplyDelete