Friday, November 19, 2010

Sauce Master

I have officially been successful in making a delicious cream sauce.

Last weekend I was inspired to try making a cream sauce, and if I failed this time I thought I might give up.

The problem was that I would always get very impatient and turn the heat up really high when making the sauces from scratch. Cream and milk are very sensitive when cooking and can burn really easily, which every time before I have done.

This time, I put my iPhone on shuffle and played music, and stood there patiently and stirred. I was so excited when the sauce came out perfectly!

The sauce I made was a sweet chili cream sauce. I paired it with meatballs. I was inspired by my cousin whose worked in culinary arts for four years as he made the same sauce at a family gathering we recently had and it was so delicious I thought I`d try and match his cooking skills.

I used 1 litre of whipping cream, about half a small bottle of sweet chili sauce and 5-6 drops of Frank`s Red Hot sauce.

I brought the sauce, which I added the meatballs to after I let it reduce slowly, to a potluck dinner my friends were holding as a duel birthday celebration.

To my surprise, everyone loved it and thought it was so "fancy". I was on the top of my cooking throne as there was only one meatball (out of 64) left at the end of the night with 9 people eating them.

I will no longer boycott making cream sauces, I will just make sure I have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen and be patient with them!

I also highly recommend anyone to try this sweet chili cream sauce, it sounds unusual but it smells and tastes soo good and you could easily pair it with things other than meatballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment